Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mountain Cabin

I have a small mountain cabin, that has been in the family for decades now. Its creaky floors and the old walls are so comforting to me. I love to go up there, usually right before we go skiing. My favorite part about this cabin is the loft. The loft is a small room, kind of like an attic, but it has an ancient t.v. and a mini fridge up there. To me, the loft is like my own little special spot, just reserved me. I like to know that my dad spent most of his time up there as a kid, to.
The loft has bright blue paint, matching the color of the sky on beautiful days. The loft is spotted with ski posters, and little terrifying toys that my brother likes to scare me with. The loft has plaid carpeting, about as itchy and ugly as you can get it. But I love the loft. In the loft, I don't have to worry about school, homework or anything for that matter. I can just focus on myself. And everybody needs that once in a while.
I got a little bored, so I made this root beer slushie. It was really bad, but that was probably because a- I was eating it for breakfast
b - the root beer was probably expired. 

5 comments:

  1. We had a cabin like that too, and it's now giving lovely experiences to another family, but the memories are still good. Love hearing all about "your" loft, Amelia. That root beer slushy looks pretty good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! I liked how you described the cabin and your loft :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You described all of this really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having a space where I can escape stress and pressure and just relax. You did a great job describing this. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked all of the description you included in your slice. Great job!

    ReplyDelete