Sunday, March 1, 2015

Brand New Backpacks!

Getting a new backpack has always been important to me. I always get so excited when school rolls around, and a buying a new backpack helps remind me that “school is on it’s way!!” This year, I wanted to get an extra special backpack. I was going into the fifth grade and I new that I wanted everything to be perfect. With that mindset, I marched into target, determined to get the perfect backpack.
            I browsed around for a while, envisioning me walking down the halls with my fifth grade friends. I ended up choosing between two backpacks. A bright pink one, and a light blue one. Of course, I went with the light blue one. It seemed to be calling out to me. I was overjoyed with my new backpack. But two months later, I was already asking for a new one.
photo credit - photopin.com



6 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to that, I love new backpacks. I love the ending. great SOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! I like the part about getting a new backpack two months later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had the exact same experience before. Right now my backpack is too small. Nice slice Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of backpacks being a special thing. Good SOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you chose one time but you were kind of generalizing at the same time. I liked your slice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that getting a backpack is a special occasion.

    ReplyDelete