Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Dancing Home

Dancing Home
By: Alma Flor Alda
Margie has finally convinced her classmates that she is American, and all of the bullying has come to an end. But when Lupe, Margie's cousin from Mexico comes along, Margie feels that she has been replaced, and has started to be bullied again, all because of Lupe. I thought that dancing home was a really great book. Sometimes, the writing was to good that it made you feel all of the pain that Margie and Lupe are going through. I liked this book because it teaches you a lot about latin american culture, while having a simple storyline that has a simple plot. If I were to edit this book, I would probably add a little bit more detail to some of the foggy parts, and make a more interesting plot line. I think that people who like to learn about new cultures would love this book. I would rate Dancing Home 3.5/5 stars, for really interesting information about new cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment