Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn
By: Betty Smith
Francie's family is poor. In fact, so poor, that all she has left is her imagination. As she walks down the street she conjure's up people's stories. Their life, as it once was and what it is now. A Tree Grows In Brooklyn is a book about Francie, following her through her life.
I think that this book is good. I think that it is a little bit to detailed in some parts, and in other parts it was a little bit vague and hard to understand. This book can be very confusing sometimes, but just because of the old fashioned word usage. I think that the characters are really well described and you are definitely not confused about who they are. This book has some inappropriate things, so I would recommend it to grade 6 and up. This book is sad, but really well written. On a scale of 1 - 10, I would probably rate it an 8 and a half.

5 comments:

  1. I agree that the book is really well written. Who is your favorite character?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably Katie! But sometimes she bothers me...

      Delete
    2. I like Katie too! Francie really frustrates me.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes there are details that take time to write, & that slows a book down a lot. I'm glad you're enjoying some parts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow i am impressed that you gave it an eight. I have heard bad reviews of that book by other people. Glad you like it though.

    ReplyDelete