Thursday, March 12, 2015

Jamaica

We had been on the flight for about eight hours. The plane was being a pressure cooker, preventing us from soaring into the crystal blue sky. It's even worse when you are excited. So excited that you can't fall asleep, even listening to the low humming of the plane. All the adults manage to though, leaving me to read or knit, and calm the butterflies in my stomach.
As soon as we landed I was practically jumping up and down. We were just about to go to Jamaica! I stepped off the plane and felt the humidity coat my face. I smelled the salt water ocean, and the tropical fruits. This was paradise.

3 comments:

  1. I love the last couple of sentences! Great job. :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good job! I love how you end it with "This was Paradise"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you used "the plane was being a pressure cooker" in your slice as description. Nice Slice!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete