Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hiking

10 sweaty 8 - 10 year old crawl across the canyon. We all have to conquer this hike somehow and sometime. The sun is beating down on us, taunting us that it is all the way up in the cool sky. The lack of trees makes a lack of shade. And the lack of shade makes more lack of patience. The Utah desert is not nice to anyone. Now we can sit down. My teacher gives us a pep talk. We were just about to climb up the canyon, the hardest climb of all. I have accepted the challenge.
At first, I was pumped. ten steps later, all I wanted to do was to get out of that canyon. I pushed myself further and further until I felt like I couldn't do it anymore. But I just kept walking. Putting one foot in front of the other, until I saw myself, on top of the canyon, conquering the world. We didn't hike exactly here, but the setting was close.

No comments:

Post a Comment