Thursday, January 29, 2015

Watson

My dog Watson was really old and it was time for him to go. No doubt about it. It was hard for him to get up. Yep, it was definitley time for him to go. When the vet got to our house I had just gotten off the phone with my best friend. She had always known what to say, and she even made me laugh a little. I was seeing her tomorrow, to go skiing. I heard the doorbell ring, a ring that says "brace yourself, your dog is just about to" The doorbell was inturrupted by his bark. It was a low, rumbly bark that was forgiving and kind.
When the vet was all settled, he gave my dog his first shot. All that it did was make him more relaxed and happy. His face was the same as it was 14 years ago. Energetic, excited and ready to party. The vet had asked to go to the bathroom, and I asked my mom if I could go upstairs. I couldn't stand it any longer. I couldn't see him go. I know that he would forgive us. He always had.
This is Watson at my mom's birthday party!!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, Amelia, this is so sad! I am so sorry, great writing though. Were you close to him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your sad goodbye, Amelia. You wrote this so lovingly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear, Amelia. I'm glad you spent some good time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... That was an amazing slice. It made me sad but it told me a strong and powerful story. I am so sorry
    -Aidan

    ReplyDelete