Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Hammond's Candy!!

My brother and I were going to Hammond's candy factory for a birthday party. We had arrived at the birthday party 20 minutes late, our cheeks turning crimson red. Maybe I shouldn't have procrastinated going... If only I had just... I was jolted away from my thoughts when my brother tugged on my shoulder. I saw two tables, full to the brim with faces that I hadn't ever seen before. We awkwardly sat down at the table to the right, and smiled toothy smiles to everyone surrounding us.
I waited about 20 minutes sitting in silence with my brother, surrounded by a tornado of laughter and a little bit to loud birthday party talking, with everyone telling stories at the same time. I was starting to get fidgety. We were looking at the clock, acting like we were the police in an instense police inetterogation. After a little bit longer, a young lady came out and said in a peppy voice that it was time to make candy. 
We poured chocolate into molds, made peppermint bark and colored some already made chocolate. The party was really fun, but let me just say, I am not the most reliable when it comes to making candy. 
You can see the chocolate shortbread that we made!! Its really really good!!

6 comments:

  1. MMMM.... That sounds sooooo good. How long ago was this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard this legend before from Sam. Fantastically written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like fun. Was it Abagails party?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like fun. Was it Abagails party?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great slice! Sounds like lots of fun! I love the way you wrote it.

    ReplyDelete