Monday, January 12, 2015

Threatened

Luc had led a life of poverty. He had gotten by with the scraps of coins that he found here and there, and the occasional stolen ones. Until the Prof. came along.
Threatened is an amazing story about a boy, named Luc who's mother and sister had died, and his father ran away. Overall, I thought that this book was amazing. There was such great description and adjectives in this book, but still left you wondering about other mysterious things.
I had very mixed feeling about the main character, named Luc, because he stole a lot, but still was in a very bad situation. I also had mixed feelings about the Prof. who seemed very evil at times
but was also kind of the hero in the story.
What I didn't like about this book is I feel like the author sometimes left us hanging to much. For example, you were very confused about who Luc was at first and what was going on. You found out his name in the first 20 pages, which I felt was a little long to wait to reveal who Luc actually is.
I think that people who love animals and adventure would love this book. I liked that it teaches you a lot about Luc's culture and where he is from. I think that I would rate this book 8/10 stars.

9 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really good book! I think I might want to read that next week! Is this book about chimpanzees/monkeys? Just asking!
    -Da Bomb 007

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It's a book about endangered chimpanzee's! You can find it on Linda's shelf!

      Delete
  2. That sounds really good! Nice book blog! It's helpful that there is a pic of book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Amelia that looks like a really great book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is by Eliot Schrefer! Sorry I didn't add that before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thanks for telling me I definitely want to read this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great book, i want to read this.

    ReplyDelete