Monday, January 19, 2015

The Secret Lives of Dresses

The Secret Lives of Dresses , by Erin Mckean.
Dora never imagined herself as the glamorous movie stars that she saw in magazines. Until she found the lives of dresses.
I thought that this was an amazing book. I thought that it was very descriptive and described each and every character very well. I thought that the author knew vintage dresses really well, and described each dress very well. I also thought that most of the book was describing flashbacks, and the author did them in a way that didn't make the flashbacks confusing.
What I didn't like about the book was that sometimes it moved a little bit to slowly. Each chapter was about 50 pages, and sometimes the author wrote about a character for the tiniest bit to long, which made me a little bit bored. I also didn't like the start of the book, because it was a little bit confusing and I think that it is important to be really clear in the first couple pages so that the reader doesn't put the book down.
Overall, I really liked this book and would rate it  out of 10 stars.

4 comments:

  1. It does sound like an interesting idea, Amelia. I'm glad you tried it. (Forgot to put your rating.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't really sure how this book would be, but sounds like it was interesting. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you made your summary attention grabing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate the detail you put into your review.

    ReplyDelete