Tuesday, February 3, 2015

If I Stay

If I Stay 
By: Gayle Forman
Mia has to make a choice - Not a what type of phone should I buy choice, but a life or death choice - should Mia hang on? or is just not worth the pain.
I thought that overall, If I Stay was an okay book. I thought that in the first half of the book was descriptive and very good, but then the second half of the book dragged on and was a little bit boring. Personally, if I have a boring book, I will get really frusturated and put off reading the book. That's what I did for If I Stay, and ended up reading it on Sunday.
I thought that the characters were well thought out and had human feelings. I think that sometimes authors make the characters feelings really dramatic, but Forman did  a nice job with making the characters not as dramatic and human.
I liked this book, and would rate it a 3.5/5

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book, but have heard good things about it. I like that you were honest in your review, Amelia. Not all books connect to us, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your description. I personally liked this book, but really disliked the second

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sounds like a really great- and sad- book, maybe I'll read it soon!

    ReplyDelete