Friday, February 6, 2015

Sleepy Time

When I was little, I had lots of trouble sleeping. I felt like a giant blanket was cast over me, making me drowsy, but itchy and uncomfortable at the same time. I always slept better in my parent’s bed. It was warm and cozy and always had a place for me to sleep. After a few nights, I realized that I needed a more long term conclusion. I considered it as a special treat to sleep in my parent’s bed.
            One night, I waddled in, tugging a giant camping mattress behind me. The mattress was bright orange, but still, worn out and dirty. Without a word, I plopped it down on the side of my dad’s bed. I was right by the heat, and felt the glowing burn on my cheeks. I was nervous that my mom and dad would ask me what I was thinking, but without a word, they went back to sleep. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha sounds like a good memory from when you were little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats really funny why was it a camping mattress?

    ReplyDelete