Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Fourteenth Goldfish

The Fourteenth Goldfish
By: Jennifer L Holm
Ellie thought that she had an immortal goldfish. Turns out, her mom just bought a bunch of new ones.
When Ellie's grandfather shows up, she knows that something's wrong. Her grandfather had taken a potion that he discovered, thus making him 60 years younger. This book is about Ellie's adventures with her now 14 year old grandfather, and her friend that she meets along the way, a young rebel named Raj.
I thought that this book was okay, but I thought that it could be a little bit more exciting. I liked that it had some cool twist's, and the characters seemed very vivid and real. I thought that the book didn't have very much of a plot line, and so it made the book a little bit less exciting than it could be. I thought that this book was a very easy read, so I would say that this book should be saved for a busy week. Overall, I thought that this book was okay - good, so I would give it a 4/5 stars.




1 comment:

  1. It is an easy read, & a little strange, don't you think? I wonder if younger kids will like it better, Amelia? Did you also read Eleanor & Park?

    ReplyDelete